The Skincare Routine

Thursday, 25 July 2013


When it comes my skincare routine I can proudly say I have it down to a tea. I have found my holy grail items and I prefer to stick to these, rather than switching up my products on a regular basis - if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? My skin would be considered as combination oily - I suffer from oily skin in the t-zone and I am prone to breakouts and congested skin. I have my morning and evening routine with a few extra skincare 'add ons' for when my skin is misbehaving.

I have been religiously using the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser for well over two years now. This is my go to cleanser both in the morning and at night. I wear a fair amount of make-up during the day and this cleanser, almost like magic, melts away the day's make-up. I use one pump, twice a day, massaged into the skin and with a muslin cloth in the evenings to remove any traces of make-up.

I am a firm believer in using two different cleansers at night - one to remove your make-up and one to really clean the skin. Once I have removed my make-up with Liz Earle, I then go in with Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser which I use with my Clarisonic Mia and the Deep Pore Cleansing brush head. This foams up nicely and also provides a gentle exfoliation too. The result, squeaky clean, clear skin.

Next up, toner. My favourite is the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - it seems we're developing quite a theme here, huh? Like my cleanser, I use this twice a day to refresh my skin and remove any left over traces of make-up. Usually I would use the 200ml bottle of the stuff, however I have recently ran out so instead I'm using the travel sized spray bottle until I make my next purchase. I actually prefer the spritzer what with the all the warm weather we've been having recently, it just feels that much more refreshing.

For moisturiser I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo for the morning. The texture of this stuff is almost gel like and provides a matte finish which makes a great base for make-up. Now, this did break me out upon the first week of use, as I heard that it would, but once the purging stage was done it did help to clear my skin as claimed, particularly those dreadful 'under the skin spots' which I so often suffer from. In the evenings I prefer to use the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser in Light which is a little thicker in terms of consistency and replenishes my skin overnight.

Once a week, when my skin is feeling a little congested and in need of a pick me up, I like to use the Origins Clear Improvement mask. The mask itself contains charcoal which helps to draw out any nastiness from pores and clear any pesky breakouts. My skin always feels incredibly clean and refreshed after use.

Although my skin is oily, I often suffer from dry patches of skin around my nose and occasionally on my chin. When this happens, I massage the Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate rollerball into my skin and the affected areas to provide a little extra moisture. The smell of this is heavenly as it contains lavender and camomile which is incredibly calming before bedtime.

So there is my skincare routine, what products feature in your routine?

1 comment:

  1. follow for follow on Bloglovin? <3

    http://acottoncandykiss.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete