Colour Story Mood Board Composition

Tuesday, 25 November 2014

As part of our ongoing project to create a mood board for our own individual colour story, we began experimenting with different layouts and compositions with the images we had collected so far. We were required to create quick, practise mood boards based on four compositional styles; grid, freeform, minimum and maximum. Using the images I had found for my 'Blush and Nude' colour story, I created the following mood boards;

Grid:


Freeform:

Minimum:


Maximum:

After experimenting with different compositional styles, I concluded that either grid or maximum would be post successful in reflecting my colour story as a grid structure emphasises the understated nature of the colours and a maximum layout reflects the literal close relationship of the colours, all very similar in tone, creating a skin-like look and feel. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!