Fragrance Trend Forecast

Friday, 27 February 2015

As part of our fragrance project, we were required to produce a trend booklet, identifying future trends within fragrance advertising and packaging. Within our seminar groups we critiqued each others work against the mark scheme and voted for an overall winner. To my surprise (and delight), my booklet was chosen as the winner! 

Whilst creating my booklet, I was extremely worried it would not look professional enough as this was my first encounter with the software InDesign - but apparently I shouldn't have been so worried! I have learnt from this exercise not to worry so much and be too critical of my work. It's very easy to put down your own work and pick faults with it, especially when you are an inexperienced designer, but I need to keep in my mind that this first year  is a learning curb and each project is opportunity to practise and harness my software and design skills.  

I found comments and criticisms from others particularly useful too as a pair of fresh eyes looking at your work can see improvements which could be made that you wouldn't have thought of yourself. It was also helpful in gaining more of an understanding of the mark scheme. As the module is marked holistically, your work needs to tick all the boxes; it's not good if it is just visually appealing, the content needs to be there too. 

You can view my booklet in full here

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!